Tuesday 14 February 2012

WHY SRILA PRABHUPADA ISSUED THE "OATH OF ALLEGIANCE" IN 1975

Srila Prabhupada required from the year 1975 onward that an OATH OF ALLEGIANCE be signed by every Temple President and GBC in ISKCON, and RENEWED annually. If the GBC had been elected as they were ordered to be by Srila Prabhupada in 1970, there would have been no reason for Him to have ordered this OATH OF ALLEGIANCE, due to the fact that they would be operating in full obedience to Srila Prabhupada, and recognizing Him as the SOLE SOURCE AUTHORITY of ISKCON. 

In the light of the GBC's COMPLETE DISOBEDIENCE to the DOM order, Srila Prabhupada issued this Oath of Allegiance as a "last-ditch effort" at preventing the members of the first GBC/11 ritvik gurus named on the July 9th Letter, from "deposing and replacing" Him as the "New Authority" of ISKCON. 



"OATH OF ALLEGIANCE" 
"I ...enter legal name and then initiated name - date of birth, at present residing at, particular nationality (i.e. American, German etc) do hearby solemnly affirm, declare and state as under as follows: 
I state I have been elected or nominated a member of the Governing Body Commission/or Temple President - under the recommendation of my Guru Maharaja His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder, Acharya and Supreme Authority of the Krishna Consciousness Movement, under the banner of the ISKCON. 

I state I have imposed all my faith, integrity and honesty in my aforesaid Guru Maharaja, with the result he is the sole responsible person and Supreme Authority of my present position and status which I have gained and I am holding in the organization of ISKCON. 
I, the said - enter legal and initiated name - do hear by swear in the name of Krsna that I will bear truth and allegiance to the Constitution, by laws, rules and regulations and directives which have been given, including the 4 regulative principles (listed) chanting of 16 rounds very seriously or directions given me directly by my aforesaid Guru Maharaja, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, or through his authorized person or persons, and I shall obey faithfully all instructions and directions, which shall be binding on me and that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of my Guru Maharaja, His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada and the managing body commission and or any other body appointed by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, working under the said International Society for Krishna Consciousness and I shall faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter or have already been appointed to that effect. 
I further pledge that His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada is the only source of authority, represented by his instructions and books and I shall follow his instructions only - of these books."

No comments:

Post a Comment